Thursday, November 4, 2010
Barley Drink.....Health Drink
Barley grains are rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, which are essentials for our health. Most importantly, barley is one of the richest sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber.
1. Helps in cell repair and production (because it contains phosphorous, and can also aid in healing tissue injuries on the body.)
2. Reduces Cholesterol
3. Intestinal Protection
4. Protects against Diabetes and Heart Disease.(barley contains high amount of magnesium, thus react with enzyme in the body and leads to lowering of glucose level in the body)
5. Helps in Constipation
6. Helps to fight and prevent cancerous growths(this is because of antioxidant properties of the barley water)
7. Aids in Digestion
8. Cools down body heat
9. Helps detoxify body. (contains chlorophyll)
10. Barley water was believed by ancient civilizations to be a good remedy to fair up skin complexions and prevent the signs of aging such as wrinkles.
11. Proves very beneficial in the case of kidney, bladder and urinary stones and even curing urinary infections. It can be given with coconut water.
Modern science has also identified many uses of barley and recommends it to be used daily to improve general health.However, it is recommended that barley drink be made fresh from your own kitchen instead of buying the ready canned/bottled barley. This is because canned/bottled barley has more sugar content that surely defeat the purpose of having healthy drink!